Monday, October 5, 2009

"Be Aggressive!"

This is where I went wrong in life. I wasn't aggressive enough. "Be aggressive" is what I heard on the sidelines today being shouted from the coach of the opposing team at my daughter's soccer game. He's the dad of one the girl's on the team - who we know and appears 'successful.' Maybe if I were more aggressive in life, I'd be more successful. Does aggression lead to success? While I want to be successful, do I have to be aggressive to get there? Neither me nor my husband are the aggressive type- nor are we satisfied with the 'success' in our lives, so maybe there is truth to correlating aggression with success. If men are more aggressive, and typically more successful, then yes, it must be true.
This soccer season has been harder for the kids- more practice time, more laps around the field, less down time. Therefore, they are not eager to sign up for spring soccer. They want a rest. Last week, I was ready to cave in. Today, not so fast. Now that I am seeing the relationship between being aggressive on the field and success, I want them to get dragged to that soccer field and play for success. It's great coaching - not for the soccer part, but for the rest of their life part.

No comments:

Post a Comment